Elmsett Neighbourhood Plan
The Elmsett Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by Elmsett Parish Council and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Formal Adoption (Dec 2019)
In an 'out of meeting' decision taken on 10 December 2019 Babergh District Council resolved to 'make' (adopt) the Elmsett NDP following a majority 'yes' vote in favour of doing so by local residents.
The Plan, which covers the period to 2036, now forms part of the development plan framework for the district and will be used to determine planning applications in Elmsett unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- View the adopted Elmsett Neighbourhood Plan
- View the adoption Decision Statement
- View the Elmsett NDP Area Map
- See also the 'Out of Meeting' Action Form
Reg 18 Local Referendum (7 Nov 2019)
- View the Referendum Result
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Aug 2019)
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (11 Feb – 27 Mar 2019)
- View the submission draft Elmsett NDP (Jan 2019) and Supporting Documents
- View the Consultation Statement and Basic Conditions Statement
- View the SEA & HRA Determination Notices which confirm that this Plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects.
- View both the Reg 16 Consultation Responses and Parish Council's Response
- See also the Regulation 15 Checklist
SEA / HRA Screening & Determination (Jan 2019)
The Pre-submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and/or a Habitats Assessment (HRA) were required. Both were 'screened-out'. Copies of the relevant reports and Notices of Determination are published below:
- View the Elmsett NP SEA / HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Dec 2018)
- View the Elmsett NP SEA Determination Notice (Jan 2019)
- View the Elmsett NP HRA Determination Notice (Jan 2019)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (19 Oct to 30 Nov 2018)
- See the Parish Council website for more details.
Reg 05 Area Designation (27 Oct 2017)
- View the Area Designation documents.