Holbrook Neighbourhood Plan
The Holbrook Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by the Parish Council and local community and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 20 Formal adoption (28 November 2023)
In an ‘out of meeting’ decision published on Tuesday 28 November 2023 Babergh District Council agreed to adopt ('make') the Holbrook NDP.
This NDP, which covers the plan period to 2037, now forms part of the development plan and will be used to help determine planning applications in the parish unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Read the adopted version of Holbrook NDP
- Read the adoption Decision Statement
- See the 'out of meeting' request
The following documents provide supporting evidence for the adopted NDP:
- A Landscape Assessment Report (AFA, Mar 2020)
- A Housing Needs Assessment Report (AECOM, Jan 2020)
- A Site Options Assessment Report (AECOM, Dec 2019)
Local Referendum (21 November 2023)
A local referendum on the Holbrook NDP took place on Tuesday 21 November 2023.
The question asked of those entitled to vote was:
Reg 18 Exam Report Decision Statement (27 February 2023)
New procedures, agreed in September 2021, mean that a NDP can now be advance to a referendum without Cabinet approval where there is no objection to implementing the Examiner's recommendations. That applies in this case, and the decision is confirmed through publication of the following statement:
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report dated 20 February 2023)
Babergh District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Holbrook NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On Monday 20 February 2023, the Examiner issued her final report. It recommended that, subject to modification, this NDP meets the basic conditions and that it should proceed to a local referendum.
- Read the Holbrook NDP Examiner's Report (20 Feb 2023)
- See also the examination correspondence document
Planning Practice Guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to a post-examination plan.
Reg 16 Submission consultation (28 Nov 2022 to 25 Jan 2023)
The submission draft Holbrook NDP was made available for public consultation between 28 November 2022 and 25 January 2023. The Parish Council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the NDP Area
- The submission draft Holbrook NDP 2022 – 2037
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- Copies of the SEA and HRA Screening Reports and Determination Notices (see further below)
- A number of supporting documents (now published above with the adopted NDP)
An assessment on how this NDP meets the basic conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner. Our initial check confirmed that the relevant requirements have been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the Examiner and, with the exception of personal details, be published on this website.
- Read the Reg 16 Consultation responses [Note: This is a large, 18Mb file]
- See the Parish Councils response
SEA/HRA Screening and Determination (Sept 2022)
A copy of the submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and or a Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'.
The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Holbrook NDP SEA Screening Report (LUC, June 2022)
- Read the Holbrook NDP SEA Determination Notice (Sept 2022)
- Read the Holbrook NDP HRA Screening Report (LUC, July 2022)
- Read the Holbrook NDP HRA Determination Notice (Sept 2022)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (25 Oct to 5 Dec 2021)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft Holbrook NDP ended on 5 December 2021.
Please visit the parish council's website for more information.