Copdock & Washbrook Neighbourhood Plan
Copdock & Washbrook Parish Council are preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). The original version covered the plan period 2018 to 2037 and allocated two sites for housing development. It was rejected at a local referendum held in March 2022.
The NDP is now being modified by the parish council and will cover the plan period 2023 - 2037.
The new Cop-Wash NDP 2023 - 2037
SEA/HRA screening and determination (July 2023)
The new pre-submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and or a habitats regulations assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Cop-Wash NDP SEA Screening Opinion (LUC, May 2023)
- Read the Cop-Wash NDP SEA Determination Notice (July 2023)
- Read the Cop-Wash NDP HRA Screening Report (LUC, May 2023)
- Read the Cop-Wash NDP HRA Determination Notice (July 2023)
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (11 Mar - 28 Apr 2023)
Pre-submission consultation on the new Copdock & Washbrook NDP will end on Friday 28 April 2023
Please visit the parish council website for more information
The rejected Cop-Wash NDP 2018 - 2037
Local Referendum (24 March 2022) - majority 'NO' vote
A local referendum was held on 24 March 2022 to decide if the Copdock & Washbrook NDP 2018 - 2037 should be adopted as part of the Council's development plan. The count took place the following day. The question that was asked was: 'Do you want Babergh District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Copdock & Washbrook to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Plan Area?'
The Council is only required to 'make' (adopt) a NDP if the majority of those who vote at the referendum are in favour. The declared result (see the link below) showed that more than half of those voted in this referendum chose to reject this Plan.
Reg 18 Decision Statement (2 Nov 2021)
Reg 17 Independent Examination (final report 23 Sept 2021)
Reg 17 Revised NPPF and Basic Conditions consultation (29 July - 13 Aug 2021)
On 20 July 2021, the government published a revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). Comments were invited on how the revised NPPF might affect this NDP meeting the Basic Conditions. The consultation ran from 29 July to 13 August 2021.
- Read the Basic Conditions consultation letter (29 July 2021)
- Read the revised NPPF consultation responses
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (10 May - 25 June 2021)
The parish council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed NDP relates
- The submission draft Copdock & Washbrook NDP
- A consultation statement
- A Basic Conditions statement
- A strategic environmental assessment (SEA) report
- A number of supporting documents
An initial check was carried out to confirm that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the examiner and, with the exception of personal details, be published on this website.
SEA/HRA screening and determination (June 2020)
The 2020 pre-submission draft NDP was screened to decide whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and or a Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) were required. Both were 'screened-in'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the SEA screening report (LUC, Mar 2020)
- Read the SEA determination notice (Jun 2020)
- Read the HRA screening report & appropriate assessment (Place Services, May 2020)
- Read the HRA determination notice (Jun 2020)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (29 Feb - 13 Apr 2020)
- Carried out by the parish council.