Apply for alterations

If you want to make alterations to your home, you must get permission from us first.

To seek permission, you must complete a form:

Tenant or Owner Occupier Alteration Form

There may be a delay in processing your application. We will respond to every application as soon as we can.

What are the types of alterations that would need the Council's approval?

Listed below are examples of the type of alterations that would need our approval:

  • Bath fixtures
  • Conservatories
  • Doors
  • Electrical fittings/sockets
  • Extensions
  • Fences
  • Fires and fireplaces
  • Floors
  • Garages
  • Heating and heating fittings
  • Hedges
  • Kitchen units/vents
  • Porches
  • Sheds
  • Satellite dishes
  • Showers
  • Trees
  • T.V. aerials
  • Walls
  • Water meters
  • Windows