Leavenheath Neighbourhood Plan
The Leavenheath Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by the Parish Council and local community and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 20 Formal adoption (27 July 2023)
In an ‘out of meeting’ decision published on Thursday 27 July 2023 Babergh District Council have agreed to adopt ('make') the Leavenheath NDP.
This NDP now forms part of the development plan and will be used to help determine planning applications in the parish unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Read the adopted Leavenheath NDP (Note: This is a large, 17Mb file)
- Read the adoption Decision Statement
- See the Action out of Meeting request
Local Referendum (Wed 19 July 2023) - majority 'yes' vote
A local referendum was held on 19 July 2023 to decide if the Leavenheath NDP should become part of Council's Development Plan. The count took place the following day.
The question asked was: "Do you want Babergh District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Leavenheath to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Plan Area?"
Reg 18 Exam Report Decision Statement (31 January 2023)
New procedures, agreed in September 2021, mean that a NDP can now be advance to a referendum without Cabinet approval where there is no objection to implementing the Examiner's recommendations. That now applies in this case, and the decision is confirmed through publication of the following statement:
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report dated 1 Dec 2022)
Babergh District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of this NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On 1 December 2022, the Examiner issued her final report. It recommends that, subject to modification, the Leavenheath NDP meets the basic conditions and that it should proceed to a local referendum.
- Read the Leavenheath NDP Final Exam Report (1 Dec 2022)
- See also the Examination correspondence document
The regulations now require the district council to decide what action to take in response to each recommendation in the report. We will publish our decision on that as soon as possible.
Planning Practice Guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to a post-examination plan.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (5 Sept to 4 Nov 2022)
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended), the submission draft Leavenheath NDP was made available for public consultation between 5 September and 4 November 2022. This included a precautionary two-week extension after a correction was made to the consultation statement.
A full list of the submitted documents appears below:
- A Map identifying the NDP Area
- The submission draft Leavenheath NDP 2022 – 2037
- The updated Consultation Statement (Please note: This is a large file)
- A Basic Conditions statement
- A Housing Needs Assessment report (AECOM, Aug 2020)
- A Parish Data Profile (July 2020)
- A Leavenheath Design Guidelines & Codes (AECOM, June 2021)
- Copies of the re-issued SEA and HRA screening reports and determination notices (as published below)
A full assessment on how this NDP meets the basic conditions will be carried out by an independent examiner. Our initial check indicated that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and, with the exception of personal contact details, be published on this website.
SEA & HRA Screening and Determination (Aug 2022) - updated reports and notices
Initial screening was undertaken on the draft Leavenheath NDP in late 2021, with determination notices issued in January 2022. The draft NDP was subject to a further screening process in June 2022 which concluded that a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and/or a Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) were not required.
- Read the SEA Screening Report (LUC, June 2022)
- Read the SEA Determination Notice (August 2022)
- Read the HRA Screening Report (LUC, June 2022)
- Read the HRA Determination Notice (August 2022)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (6 Sept to 25 Oct 2021)
- Visit the parish council's website for more information.