Keep a pet at home

Should you wish to keep any animal, bird or reptile you must seek our permission first.

Permission is subject to the terms and conditions which can be found in your Tenancy Agreement and our Pet Policy and may be withdrawn if we consider that the animal, bird or reptile is causing nuisance, damaging the property or is being mistreated.

Permission will not normally be given to keep a dog or a cat (other than a guide or hearing dog) if the property does not have direct access and the sole use of a garden.

Following the recent addition of the XL Bully to the Dangerous Dogs Act, any council tenants who own an XL Bully may continue to keep their pet, provided they comply with the law and have an exemption certificate from 1st February 2024. 

Read our Pet Policy for more details. 

To apply for our permission, complete our online application form:

Apply for permission

We aim to process your application within 28 working days.