How To Pay
You can choose how you pay your Business Rates:
- Annually, on receipt of the bill
- Two half yearly instalments (in April and October)
- 10 monthly instalments (on 1st of the month)
You can arrange to pay over 12 months. To set this up please email us by the 1st April requesting this option.
It is important that you contact us as soon as possible if you are finding it difficult to make payments. Please do not wait for a reminder notice to arrive. If you contact us early before recovery proceedings have commenced we can consider your position and it may be possible to agree other arrangements.
Your bill can be paid in any of the following ways:
Take the worry out of bill paying and let your bank or building society pay your tax instalments direct to the Council. You can pay on 1st or 15th of the month.
Only download a Direct Debit form if you are unable to complete the form online.
Make an Online Payment
You can pay online using your debit or credit card. You will need your Business Rate account reference number shown on your Business Rates bill.
Using your Debit or Credit Card
If you would like to pay using your debit or credit card please call 0300 123 4000 (Option 1). This is a 24 hour automated system.
You will need your Business Rates account reference shown on your Business Rates bill.
Telephone/Internet banking or standing order
The details you will need are:
- Sort code 30-98-31
- Account number 01217231
You will also need to quote your Business Rates Account Reference for each payment. Remember that payments can take a number of working days to reach us.
If you are transferring money from overseas, the IBAN you will need is: GB38 LOYD 3098 3101 2172 31
Request a refund
If you have made an overpayment, or your Business Rates account is in credit, you can request a refund online:
Moving in and out of premises
You must register with the Council for Business Rates when you move in or out of the premises.
To set up your Business Rates account, we need some details from you.
The sooner you contact us, the more months you will have to spread your Business Rates bill (when paid monthly).
- Date you occupied the property
- Full address of the property
- Your full name, the name of any partners in the business, or your company name
- Contact details, including telephone numbers, email address, and home address (or, in the case of a Limited Company, the Company registration number and registered office address)
- Your legal interest in the property (for example, freeholder, leaseholder or tenant) and the date this interest started
- Your landlord’s details (if you are leasing or renting the property)