East Bergholt Neighbourhood Plan
The East Bergholt Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by East Bergholt Parish Council and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Proposed modification of adopted NDP
The East Bergholt NDP was first adopted in 2016. The Neighbourhood Plan Committee has been reformed to to carry out a review and, as necessary, update and modify this NDP.
This means that the plan preparation process needs to be repeated. This process starts with evidence gathering and then a pre-submission consultation.
Parish council's call for sites (15 November 2021 to 17 January 2022)
To inform their modification draft NDP, the parish council have issued a local call for sites. Please visit the parish council's website for more information.
The adopted East Bergholt NDP (September 2016)
Formal adoption (September 2016)
At its Full Council meeting on 20 September 2016, Babergh District Council resolved to adopt the East Bergholt NDP following a majority 'yes' vote by local residents.
The NDP, which covers the period up to 2030, now forms part of the development plan framework for the district. It be used to help make decisions about planning applications submitted in East Bergholt, unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Read the adopted East Bergholt NDP
- Read the East Bergholt NDP appendices
- Read the errata slip (published Oct 2016)
- Read the adoption decision statement
- View the East Bergholt NDP area map
Reg 18 Local Referendum (September 2016)
Reg 17 Independent Examination (May 2016)
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (January - March 2016)
- Read the submission draft East Bergholt NDP (Jan 2016)
- Read the consultation statement (Dec 2015)
- Read the Basic Conditions statement (Jan 2016)
- Read the strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and habitats regulations assessment (HRA) screening report (Jan 2016)