Contact us

Contact us online

You can use our online forms to pay, report and apply for our services, 24 hours a day.

Getting in touch with us online is the easiest way that we can help you resolve an issue, or answer a query. Our online form requests all the information that we need from you. You can select which team within the Council you need to contact.

Contact us online

Phone us

Phone 0300 1234000 to be connected to any Council service.

Our phone lines are open from 8.45am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. On Tuesdays, our phone lines open at the slightly later time of 10am.

Our phone lines are closed on weekends and public holidays.

Our phone line options
When you phone us, please select:
  • Option 1 to make a payment
  • Option 2 for Council Tax, Housing Benefit or housing rents
  • Option 3 for Housing queries (including Gateway to Homechoice, and housing repairs)
  • Option 4 for Bins and recycling queries
  • Option 5 for Planning or Building Control queries
  • Option 6 for Licensing queries
  • Option 7 for Environmental Health or general queries

If you dial Option 5 for Planning, your options are then as follows:

  • Dial 1 for Building Control (compliance with building regulations, demolitions, dangerous structures, and street naming and numbering)
  • Dial 2 for Land Charges
  • Dial 3 for Planning application queries and tree matters, for Planning Enforcement (breaches of planning control), for Heritage (historic buildings and conservation areas)
  • Dial 4 for Planning Policy (the Joint Local Plan and neighbourhood planning)

If you need to report an emergency repair, report a dangerous structure or homelessness outside our opening hours, please phone 0808 168 7794

For our hard of hearing customers, we have a text mobile service. Please phone 07827 842833

Please note information on our call charges.

Visit us

We have Customer Access Points within the district, where you can visit us in person.

Write to us

Our mailing address is:

Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils

Endeavour House

8 Russell Road



Compliments, comments and complaints

We value all feedback that we receive from our customers. If you would like to pay us a compliment, or submit a comment or complaint, please tell us about our service.

Follow us on social media

Follow us on X (Twitter), Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn to keep up with our news and announcements.

Find your councillor

Please access our online Find Councillor function to find your local councillor. You can search by their name (or part of), by political party, or by ward.

Press enquiries

Visit our press enquiries contact information page

Highways, education, and social care

If you need to report a problem with a road or pavement (including potholes), please use Suffolk County Council's online Highways Reporting Tool.

Suffolk County Council are also responsible for the state provision of education and social care in the county.

View a list of useful Suffolk County Council services