Building insurance

If you are a leaseholder, we (as your landlord) will arrange building insurance. This insurance will cover the cost of rebuilding your home if it is damaged or destroyed.

You pay a premium for this, as part of your service charges.

We insure for the full cost of rebuilding your home, not for the price we would receive if we sold it.

Please let us know if:

  • you no longer live in the property, and now rent it out
  • the property will be empty for more than 30 days in a row
  • you carry out internal alterations
  • you want to extend your property

You must let us know of these changes. This may affect your claim, if you have to make one.

The building insurance will only cover the structure of the building (including fixtures and fittings). You must make your own arrangements to insure the contents of your home.

Make an insurance claim

If you wish to make a claim, you must let us know as soon as possible. We will need:

  • the date the damage to your property happened (or the date you first noticed it)
  • a description of what happened
  • pictures of what has been damaged

We will forward this information to our Insurance team.

If your claim is approved, you will need to provide two quotes to carry out the works.

We will then let you know which quote you can use to carry out the works needed to repair your home.

If you would like to make a claim or more information please contact our Insurance Team.