Dementia services and local support
There are around 850,000 people in the UK living with Dementia and with an ever-growing ageing population in Suffolk, we are aware the effects of this illness continue to affect our residents and local services.
As well as supporting local, community and national partners in this field, Babergh and Mid Suffolk continues to develop dementia awareness among staff through training and auditing our spaces.
Please see the brief descriptions and links below to some of the national and community dementia support services, which you may find useful.
Local contacts and services:
- Stowmarket and local Districts Dementia Action Alliance - Stowmarket Dementia Action Alliance
- Local practical and emotional support services / groups - The Debenham Project – Welcome (the-debenham-project.org.uk)
- Friday Friends, monthly coffee morning / support group - Stradbroke Library | Suffolk Libraries
- Together Tuesdays and Memories Café - Ansell Centre Charity | For the people of Hadleigh and district (ansellcc.org.uk)
- Local Dementia Services - Dementia Connect - Suffolk | Alzheimer's Society (alzheimers.org.uk)
- Sporting Memories weekly group, ‘dementia friendly’ Sudbury Sporting Memories Club | Sporting Memories